Purple Curve Effect :: The Book




Which came first?

The content or the title? Those that chose "title", should guess again.

After Thayer and I finished the edits on the final manuscript, by the way, the working title of the book was "Applying Common Sense", we talked branding. One of my favorite colors is purple. I had Ramona Harmon, the illustrator, do the artwork while we made those final edits. She also tweaked the three graphics used inside the book. I was extremely pleased with the final art, it conveyed exactly the sense that I was looking for, and the look the book required.

I met Ramona through a Toastmasters chapter in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We exchanged ideas at the Borders bookstore on Sunrise and that was that! Mission accomplished.

Book Review

WWW.THROUGHPUT.US (TPU) is about results. Simply results. Not always easy, but it should always be simple to deconstruct the challenges facing a business and then to invent a solution. The book attempts to walk the average person through my mind's vantage point of the world around me, and to present evidence that will convince the reader to pursue the application of the Purple Curve Effect to their unique situation. Business or personal.

I heard in Vegas last year that Eli Goldratt was writing a book on the personal application of his Theory of Constraints to one's personal affairs. I told the bearer of this news that I had already done so!

The Foreword

Goldratt exposed me to common sense, applied. But it was H. William Dettmer that made it come alive. TOC has evolved. More than I realized at the time, and it was Dettmer that would champion the most profound improvements (ala his "Strategic Navigation" [SNAV] text), creating his Constraints Management Model by combining Goldratt's TOC with the late Col. John Boyd's work. The OODA Loop (Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act) in particular.

Dettmer's foreword places all the elements on the table for the reader to appreciate not only where we are, but how we got here, and why we are not "somewhere else." It also did not hurt that he said some nice things about my labour of love.

If you were only going to read one page in the book, make it "X" as in the tenth page of introductory materials before the real numbering of pages begin. Definitions. A problem properly defined is 80% solved. Those that know of me from my posts on various newsgroups will attest that I am always seeking to first clarify the queries of other posters. Many of my fellow participants jump to solutions/suggestions/opinions! Wrong.

I recently presented my Dynamic 4^3 Process workshop in Minneapolis and tried to preach the concept of "vantage point." The half-glass of water example from the book. I had some success. I wanted more. But I digress.

Purple Curve Effect (the book) is all about asking the reader questions. Getting them to think. Hard work for sure! Socratic Method to the max. Thayer interacts with me and the reader via dialog boxes on numerous pages. Although basically a "first person" story, I was unwilling to write the book without Thayer figuring out some mechanism to participate. To help me keep the reader focused on my message. As Dettmer pointed out, this is not a textbook. For me, it is an owners' manual.

Own your competition

The tenets (in the first two parts of the book) and then the "Purple Curve Insights" are there to prepare you for battle. So that "he that runneth" may read it and know the key actions required to win. If you were to call me up and ask for help on most any challenge, I would ask you to read my book first. Then, we could communicate clearly and success would be ours for the taking.

If you put your strategy up on the wall of your office (bedroom, cubicle, etc) you will know exactly where you are headed. Otherwise, I would be of little help.

The Purple Curve

You cannot argue with facts. A lot of people "try" to, but they are only kidding themselves. 99% of the businesses in America are on the red or green curve. Why? Lack of focus. Lack of a worthy vantage point. Until you make my thoughts your thoughts, or at least until you understand how simple success is to accomplish, I will be of limited help.

I wrote in the book about the custom motorcycle industry. Then, went out and jumped into the business with both feet. I built that one special custom Red Horse for myself that I talk about in the book. My web based dealership, Turismo Cycles, was a dream come true. I also turned Red Horse Motorworks around in just 90 days using the Purple Curve Effect as acting Director of Manufacturing. Then, watched in horror as the owner allowed a subcontractor to undo all my efforts in just one week.

Golden Rule

He who owns the gold, makes the rules.

If you need a victory in short order, you need my book. IF we become fast friends, AND you live in the southeastern portion of our great land, AND you want and need my help, THEN you can expect me to be on-site within 24 to 48 hours to help secure your future. Which as Zig Ziglar points out, will do nothing but help secure mine.

In just 90 days

Unless you know me and have seen my passion for excellence "up close & personal", you may not believe me. Understood. Let me think; is there some way to convince you? Sure. I know.

Order the PDF today. Within 24 hours your vantage point will either align with mine... or not. I can only help those who see the light. The light as I see it. Yes, we must have differences in our opinions and approaches, but not on the fundamentals. If you do not understand that bad multitasking is the kiss of death, I cannot help. As much as I want to help everyone, it is not possible.

If my simple message brings hope, then lets get 'r done!


Did I mention that I am available?


Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
Throughput.us LLC
(330) 432-3533

P.S. There are still a few paperback copies of Purple Curve Effect — SKI's Throughput on Command left. Take Dr. Howard Meeks' advice and buy both versions!