Critical Chain Project Management




Talk of the Town
WHHI-TV

Recently, I sat down with friend and TV talk show host Ed McCullough to discuss one aspect of WWW.THROUGHPUT.US (TPU) and the world of results. Clicking my photo will launch a new browser window with instructions for viewing the show over the internet.

It is not obvious at first pass, but the episode is "shot" in two sessions, of one take each. Just, "Action" and hold on! No stopping the tape and making another approach. No fancy editing. Say something stupid, and it is captured for all the world to see.

Just like life

For the most part, I am pleased with the episode. One "correction" (or more accurately, an amplification) would be to state that there are four principals at Spherical Angle. Ted and Susan in addition to Tony and Scott. It was not intentional. My deepest apologies.

I was trying to relay the call that got me "back in the game" of consulting after a lackadaisical five plus years: the call from Tony Rizzo asking me to empower his TMx application. Which led to my becoming a cc-Pulse (and therefore cc-MPulse) reseller.

At a presentation last week, TMx and Spherical Angle were mentioned as necessary (but not sufficient) components to a successful Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) implementation. Along with a major (and severe) reduction in multitasking.

As TPU took shape (in just 90 days), it was amazing to come "face to face" with the evolution that has occurred in the Constraints Management Model (CMM) arena. In fact, Eli Goldratt's Theory of Constraints (TOC) has become CMM mainly through the efforts of H. William Dettmer and his revelation that what was holding TOC back (my words; no one else may see it as clearly as I do), was a lack of a call to action. Enter the work of the late Col. John Boyd. But I digress...

Want to know more about generating throughput? Watch the video. Then drop me a note if you want to discuss the ramifications for your business.

Besides "simply results", I am fond of saying, "It is relationships, stupid."

That is a reflection on me alone. My failure to elevate the building of relations is responsible for slowing my growth. Something I strive to never repeat.

Need help? A mentor? Or just a second opinion? Drop me a note.

-ski

Jeff 'SKI' Kinsey, Jonah
ski@throughput.us
(330) 432-3533